Dr. Mark Chiungos - Chelmsford Chiropractor Since 1997Headaches - Neck pain - Shoulder Pain - Arm and Hand Pain - Back Pain - Low Back Pain - Hip, Knee and Foot Pain
(978) 250 – 6886
Adults, teenagers and children are sitting for extended periods of time in front of electronic devices. This is creating an unprecedented epidemic of serious, debilitating head, neck and back pain.
“60 to 80 % of the general population suffer lower back pain at some time in their lives.” Liebenson,Craig, Rehabilitation of the Spine: practitioner’s manual, 1996 page 3. Untreated conditions can reoccur often increasing in severity and impairment.
I choose my treatment techniques based on an individuals’ condition and tolerance. Treatment is a dynamic process; I make changes in treatment delivery at each session based upon response to care. The goal: make treatment safe, pleasant and effective.
Patient’s reported benefits included: pain reduction or elimination, more mobility and flexibility, improved energy, better sleep and relaxation. A growing number of patients are participating in periodic chiropractic maintenance programs.
I have been a patient for many years. I work in the software industry so I require a chiropractic maintenance schedule to keep my neck and shoulders well. Dr Chiungos is a caring and very competent healer. I recommend him highly…Elizabeth 7/15
Frequently asked questions
Do I need a referral from my primary Care Practitioner to see a Chiropractor ?
No not at this time in Massachusetts.
What insurances will you accept?
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Tufts Health Care
Do you accept New Motor Vehicle Accident or Workers Compensation Cases?
Existing current active patients of the clinic only at this time.
What Conditions do you treat ?
- Low back pain and mid back pain without complications*.
- Low back pain associated with pregnancy.
- Neck pain without complications*
- Neck and upper shoulder pain due to the stress associated with working at a computer station.
- Shoulder, elbow and wrist pain without complications* associated with work, sports and training injuries.
- Head aches associated with stress and poor posture from work at a computer or workbench.
- Ankle, foot and knee pain without complications* associated with work, sports and training injuries.
* Complications may include but are not limited to the following: Herniated discs, nerve canal narrowing (stenosis), severe degenerative disease of the spine, osteoporosis, fractures, infections, tumors and malignancies, lyme’s disease, diabetes, obesity and prolonged corticosteroid use.
How do Chiropractors treat Spinal Pain ?
The Chiropractic profession is concerned with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system and the effect of these disorders on the function of the nervous system and general health. There is an emphasis on manual treatments including spinal adjustments with soft tissue manipulation.
Will I need X Rays?
It depends upon your individual case.Here are a few but not all of the reasons I would suggest it:
- Pain from a fall or some sort of physical trauma.
- Pain that is moderate to severe or has gone on too long.
- Previous history of cancer.
- History of any degenerative or inflammatory arthritis.
- Pain at night not relieved by icing or NSAIDs.
What about after the pain is gone, do you recommend Maintenance ?
Think about it as management. If a patient has had more than 2 severe episodes of spinal related pain there is a better than average chance it will happen again. Periodic visits to a Chiropractor have been shown to keep the spine mobile, flexible and within tolerable levels. The Chiropractic adjustment often effects the nervous system in a positive manner often decreasing, not only pain but blood pressure, breathing rate and irritability while improving energy, digestive function and sleep to name but a few benefits
Contact Dr. Chiungos today about your back, neck and joint pain. Learn how he can help you get your energy level back as well as your life through the innovative application of chiropractic medicine.
CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT TODAY!
If you need more information on my particular style of treatment or have other questions before calling to make an appointment you can read more about my approach About Dr. Chiungos tab or see what my patients have to say about me on What Our Clients Think tab.